Warm up your kitchen with our homemade chilli con carne recipe! This dish, a delightful fusion of bold flavours and comforting warmth, is perfect for any meal. It’s not just about tantalizing your taste buds; it’s a journey through history and culture right on your plate.
The Rich History of Chilli Con Carne:
Although chilli con carne is a staple in the southwestern United States and Mexico, its spicy goodness has travelled far and wide. Originating from these regions, it has become a beloved dish across the globe. The British version of chilli, adopted and adapted during World War II, showcases the unique culinary blending of cultures.
Why Chilli Con Carne is More Than Just a Meal:
Chilli con carne is more than just a dish; it’s a canvas for creativity. Across the UK, it has been reinvented with various ingredients, reflecting its people’s diverse palates and preferences. The British chilli con carne tells a story of culinary evolution and adaptation from using different meats like lamb to incorporating many vegetables and beans.
Cooking the Perfect Chilli:
Our recipe focuses on simplicity and flavour. We are using quality minced beef, a harmonious blend of spices. Along with a rich mix of beans, our chilli con carne is a tribute to its traditional roots and modern adaptations. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights or a comforting weekend feast.
Chilli con carne is incredibly versatile. Serve it over rice, with a side of crusty bread, or as a burrito filling. For that extra flavour and texture, remember to garnish with cheese, sour cream, or fresh cilantro!
Packed with protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals, our chilli con carne is delicious and nutritious. It’s a wholesome meal that satisfies your taste buds and your body’s needs.
Embrace the warmth and richness of our chilli con carne recipe. It’s more than just a meal; it’s a celebration of flavours, history, and the joy of cooking. This dish is perfect for any occasion and promises to be a crowd-pleaser, bringing comfort and delight to your table.
Cheap Chilli Con Carne
- 1 lb Minced beef
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Finley chopped
- 1 Red pepper chopped
- 1 Green pepper chopped
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat a of 2 tsp vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until the 1 Large onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the 2 cloves Garlic and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the 1 lb Minced beef or lamb to the pot, and cook until browned, breaking up any lumps with a spoon.
- dd the 1 Red pepper and 1 Green pepper to the pot, and cook for 5 minutes or until they are slightly softened.
- Add the 1 can Chopped tomatoes and their juice, the drained and rinsed 1 can Kidney beans , 1 tbsp Chilli powder , 1 tsp Ground cumin , 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika , 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste . Stir everything together.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve the chili hot, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro (coriander), shredded cheddar cheese, and a dollop of sour cream (if desired).
It is a great low effort tasty recipe and a cheap easy recipe for one.
Happiest in the kitchen feeding the 3 children who are constantly hungry. Lucky enough to have worked in a Pro kitchen on a voluntary basis to learn the tricks of the trade.. Buckinghams The restaurant with one Table. With Chef Nick Buckingham.(RIP)