This beef shish kebab is a simple fuss free recipe to prepare and cook. Setting the grill on a medium to high heat will create some searing of the meat and added flavour. To get the best flavour cook them over a BBQ or an open flame such as a Hibachi.
Looking for a mouthwatering and flavorful way to enjoy your next BBQ? Look no further than this Beef Shish Kebab recipe! Get ready to impress your friends and family with this delicious, easy-to-make recipe! Succulent pieces of beef marinated in a savoury blend of spices, grilled to perfection and served alongside crisp veggies and fluffy rice.
Beef Shish Kebab is a famous and beloved dish in Middle Eastern cuisine. This dish is a true crowd-pleaser made with tender chunks of beef, marinated in a blend of aromatic spices and herbs, and then grilled to perfection on skewers.
To prepare this dish:
- Start by selecting the right cut of beef.
- Look for a well-marbled cut, such as sirloin, flank, or ribeye, as this will ensure that the meat stays tender and juicy during the grilling process.
- Cut the beef into small, uniform pieces and then marinate them in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, and other spices.
- Allow the meat to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight for a deeper flavour.
Next, thread the beef onto skewers, alternating with vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and then place the skewers on the grill, occasionally turning to ensure that all sides are evenly cooked. Grill until the meat is browned and charred on the outside and cooked to your desired level of doneness on the inside.
Beef Shish Kebab
- 1 lb sirloin or tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper (bell) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper (bell) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced or grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- slat and pepper to taste
- wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 mins
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- Thread the 1 lb sirloin or tenderloin, 1 onion, and bell peppers onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Brush the kebabs with the marinade.
- Grill the kebabs for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the beef is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Keep brushing with the marinade when turning the kebabs
Great served with a simple kebab salad or plain boiled rice.
If you are making this as a cheap easy meals for one then slice all the beef and freeze into portions. Also do this with the peppers so they do not spoil
Happiest in the kitchen feeding the 3 children who are constantly hungry. Lucky enough to have worked in a Pro kitchen on a voluntary basis to learn the tricks of the trade.. Buckinghams The restaurant with one Table. With Chef Nick Buckingham.(RIP)